REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS
Below please find several tips for a successful real estate photo shoot. We highly recommend that the agent arrive at the property 15 minutes before his or her scheduled appointment to verify that the home is photo-ready. If you have any further questions about preparing the property for your photo shoot, please contact us.
- Turn on all interior lights and replace all non-working bulbs.
- Lower blinds and keep them open.
- If the windows have curtains, open them.
- Vacuum carpets and clean tile/wood floors.
- Fluff and straighten pillows on sofas and chairs.
- Turn off televisions, computers, and all fans.
- Unplug and hide all non-essential electrical cords.
- Confirm all windows and mirrors are clean and streak free.
- Make sure beds are made and are clean.
- Light the fireplace if possible.
- Close toilet lid and fold all towels in bathrooms.
- Close shower door or curtain.
- Remove and hide all toiletries, bar soaps, shampoos, etc.
- Remove kitchen and bath mats.
- Clean off counter tops in bathrooms and kitchen.
- Place a bowl of fruit on the kitchen table or counter to add color.
- Make sure dining room table and chairs are clean and straight.
- Remove any clutter from exterior of refrigerator.
- De-clutter the home by removing cleaning supplies, magazines, toys, etc.
- Cars need to be in the garage with doors closed.
- No cars parked in driveway or front of the house.
- Clean and sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Hide trash cans, lawn and garden tools, etc..
- Mow the yard and remove all lawn debris.
- Disconnect and hide lawn hoses, if possible.
- Remove all flags, hanging ornaments and home security signs.
- Trim bushes, trees and plants to allow a clear view of the property.
- Enhance curb appeal with landscaping and/or flowers.
- Put patio umbrellas up and remove BBQ grill covers.
- Clean swimming pool and put away cleaning equipment.
- Close all windows and lower blinds to the same height.
For Best Results:
- Please have your home cleaned, prepped and staged prior to your shoot.
- Do not hold an “Open House” during your photo shoot.
- Please communicate any special requests prior to your appointment.
- Do not schedule any other workers at the same time of your shoot.
- Arrive early for your appointment to make sure the home is in order.